Monday, September 19, 2011

Our Journey into Orthodoxy

Our journey into Orthodoxy took exactly a year, from our first visit to an Orthodox church until our chrismation.  This video chronicles our journey, starting with the day we became catechumens. You'll see scenes from baptisms, a visit from St. Nicholas, church fellowship and holy week.


 The music is by the Smalltown Heroes, an Indiana folk group made up of Orthodox Christians. You can find out more about the group at their website. You can purchase a copy of their CD "Lo, the Hard Times" from their website, or if you prefer an mp3 download, click on the Amazon link below:

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! Christ is in our midst! My name is Valerie Pyle and I am a long time friend of Karl and Marilyn Nyquist. I was "cradle" Orthodox but left the Church as a teen through the influence of campus crusade. I was still in my Protestant "phase" when I met the Nyquists but had started a journey to find the new testament church. Just as they were getting married and moving on to Lincoln, I made the move back to the Orthodox Church. Both Karl and Marilyn (and all my Protestant friends) thought I was nuts. I now live in Champaign-Urbana and have kept in contact with the Nyquists sporadically thru the years. Karl let me know that dear friends of his (you) had just made the leap into Orthodoxy. I'd love to get in touch with you if you are interested. My email is valpyle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete